Tuesday 4 February 2014

【Penang Gourmet】Koay Teow Th'ng Stall That Was Once Visited By The Taiwan Singers "Power Station" | Corner 21

Koay Teow Th'ng at Corner 21
Corner 21 Koay Teow Th'ng


During the lunch time, I have walked around my house area to search for new food. After some time of walking, I have found this Koay Teow Th'ng which is sold in a house. I have a thinking that normally foods that are sold in a house will taste nicer. And so, I walked into the house and ordered this Koay Teow Th'ng.

I have ordered a small bowl Koay Teow Th'ng which costs me RM2.80. The big one is RM3.30. However, the boss said that he will raise the price after the Chinese New Year.

Koay Teow Th'ng at Corner 21

I rate this Koay Teow Th'ng 7 out of 10. The soup is not oily, the koay teow is smooth and soft and you can taste the sweetness out of the mince meat.

Koay Teow Th'ng at Corner 21

Beside selling Koay Teow Th'ng, they also sell Otak-Otak (minced fish). The Otak-Otak they sell is the traditional Muar Otak-Otak and you have to order at least 5 Otak-Otak at a time. 5 Otak-Otak cost RM5.

Koay Teow Th'ng at Corner 21

Well, I do not usually eat Otak-Otak so I am not sure about the taste of the other Otak-Otak. For this Muar Otak-Otak, it is a bit spicy and you can feel the crispiness around the side of some of the Otak-Otak.

Koay Teow Th'ng at Corner 21

As for the drink, I have ordered a Teh Ice. This Teh Ice costs me RM1.40 and it tastes normal only.

Koay Teow Th'ng at Corner 21

This house selling the Koay Teow Th'ng has a name, which is Twenty One Corner. I think this name probably is come from the fact that the house number of this house is 21 and it is actually located at the corner. A more noticeable landmark of this Twenty One Corner is the Silver Jubilee Home for the Aged. This house is just located at the opposite of the main door of Silver Jubilee Home for the Aged (Jalan Nipah side).

Koay Teow Th'ng at Corner 21

Any Liverpool fans here? Because the boss is! :P
The boss said that he will sell the fish head bee hoon at night and some other special food, so there will be more customers at night. The boss told me that the foods he sell are all his own idea, so we cant get it from other places.

Koay Teow Th'ng at Corner 21

Before I left, the boss has pointed to the photos pasted on the pillar. He told me that the Taiwan singers, Power Station have once visited this place. The pictures seem like has been taken a very long time ago so I asked the boss how long has he been selling this Koay Teow Th'ng? He said that he started selling Koay Teow Th'ng since 2006. I have been living around there for more than a year yet I din't know it's existence. Looks like I still have lots of places yet to explore.

Address
21, Jalan Nipah, Taman Lip Sin, 11900 Penang.

Business Hour
Koay Teow Soup : 8.00AM - 2.00PM
Fish Head Bee Hoon : 6.30PM - 12.00AM
Rest on the 1st and 15th of the lunar month

Contact
012 - 475 8022 (Ernest Tan)
Ernesttan17@yahoo.com



This post was originally written on 4th January 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

就是我啦 · It‘s Me

Tour Directions Penang