Friday 14 February 2014

【Penang Gourmet】The Famous Mee Sotong In Penang | Kota Selera Food Court

Mee Sotong at Padang Kota Lama Esplanade
Mee Sotong

Whenever I saw mee sotong, it reminds me of an incident that heppened on my colleagues. On a fine day, me and my colleagues went to have this mee sotong for our lunch. After finished the meal, two of my colleagues left earlier to do something and without paying for the mee sotong! It was after we reached the office and told them that they were eating for free, they just realised that they actually forgot to pay..haha..

Few days ago, when I am passing through Esplanade, I suddenly think of this mee sotong. I was planning to eat for other food for that day so I decided to leave this mee sotong for the other day. Today, I was a bit moody so I am going out for a walk and this mee sotong came into my mind. And so, this mee sotong has became my lunch.

Mee Sotong at Padang Kota Lama Esplanade

One plate of mee sotong costs RM4, big one costs RM6. The main taste of this mee sotong is sweet and spicy and a little bit salty. The cuttlefish itself is quite hard to chew but definitely is nice to eat. Other ingredients founded in this mee sotong are potatoes, scallions and fried red onions.

Mee Sotong at Padang Kota Lama Esplanade

When I reached the food center, there were already lots of people queuing in front of the mee sotong stall. Looks like I have no choice but to queue as well.

Mee Sotong at Padang Kota Lama Esplanade

There are three woks in their kitchen. The first one is used to cook the spicy mee sotong, the second one is used to cook the non-spicy mee sotong and the third one is used to cook the mee sotong sauce. If you want a non-spicy mee sotong, you have to tell them earlier otherwise they will make you a spice one.

Mee Sotong at Padang Kota Lama Esplanade

This is the signboard of the mee sotong stall. Their business hour is from 11AM to 8PM, rest on Sunday.

Mee Sotong at Padang Kota Lama Esplanade

Next to the mee sotong stall is a drink stall. Looking at their signboard, it is most likely the ice kacang is their recommended drink. I am not sure about their business hour but I think it should be the same as the mee sotong stall.

Mee Sotong at Padang Kota Lama Esplanade

Same as the mee sotong stall, this drink stall also need to queue!

Mee Sotong at Padang Kota Lama Esplanade

Coconut Milk Shake - RM3

Though the ice kacang is more attractive, yet I have ordered a coconut milk shake. About two years ago, I have tasted the coconut milk shake at Malacca and the taste is still fresh in my mind until today. For me, the Malacca coconut milk shake is the best so far. Though this one doesn't tastes as nice, yet it is still pretty much enjoyable especially after I have eaten a plate of spicy mee sotong.

Mee Sotong at Padang Kota Lama Esplanade

These two stalls are located at the food center between Esplanade and Fort Cornwallis. Basically, all the customers in this food centre were having their meal from these two stalls. Oh ya, I was "bombed" by the flying crows at there while I was having my meal. So, do pick a good seat to avoid that.



This post was originally written on 14th January 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

就是我啦 · It‘s Me

Tour Directions Penang